COVID-19 Vaccine: We strongly encourage you to get your child vaccinated against COVID-19. Here are resources with information about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- CDC Vaccine information.
- CDC Fact Sheet.
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions.
- Should I vaccinate my 5-11 year old now? https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/11/03/1051299050/covid-vaccine-kids-5-11
Antibody Testing for COVID-19: Infectious Disease consultants at Children's National Medical Center advised us that the current tests are not 100% reliable. If you would like testing, please call the office to schedule a telemedicine visit. (Rev 6/23/2020)
Testing for Active COVID-19 Infection: We provide testing for COVID-19. Please call the office to schedule an appointment. (Rev 5/20/21)
COVID-19 is causing anxiety amongst all of us, from the youngest, who respond to our stress, to the elderly, who are most affected, to those of us in the middle, who feel responsible for the whole family.
Your doctors at Olney Pediatrics are here for you, not only for medical care, but also as a source of reliable and sane information.
Resources for you and your children:
Recommended Books for Kids:
During this time we recommend:
· Practice good hand washing · Avoid touching your face
· Follow all CDC and local guidelines · If you are sick, STAY HOME
· Avoid public gatherings
· Limit non-essential public activities as much as possible
· Keep children home from daycare
· Avoid play dates, gyms, pools, indoor play spaces, etc.
With respect to upcoming visits to Olney Pediatrics:
· We are seeing patients for both sick and well visits. Patients who make an appointment for potential COVID-19 exposure, testing for COVID-19, fever, cough or runny nose, will be seen in Suite 310. All other patients will be seen in Suite 311. Prior to coming into the building, please call us from the parking lot when you arrive.
Our office has implemented procedures to keep you safe. We are following CDC recommendations and updating our procedures daily as new information is available. We are cleaning intensely and often. Please wear a mask to your visit.
· Utilize Telemedicine - this is a great tool for many types of visit types. If interested, please contact our office to schedule a Telemed appointment.
Look for anxiety symptoms in your children - such as moodiness, trouble sleeping and separation anxiety. Talk to your children about their fears.
We are screening patients carefully and doing what is necessary to keep our families safe.
We are a community, we need to take care of each other. Together we will get through this.
Dr. Melissa Schwartz, Dr Victoria Lee, Dr. Richard Tran, Dr. Shira Schwartz, and Dr. Janice Son
|Monday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday Sick Hours:||08:30 AM - 11:00 AM|