Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Antibody Testing for COVID-19: Infectious Disease consultants at Children's National Medical Center advised us that the current tests are unreliable. More reliable testing is coming soon. Please check here often for the latest information.
Testing for Active COVID-19 Infection: Call the office to set up a telemedicine visit for referral to a State Testing site.
COVID-19 is causing anxiety amongst all of us, from the youngest, who respond to our stress, to the elderly, who are most affected, to those of us in the middle, who feel responsible for the whole family.
Your doctors at Olney Pediatrics are here for you, not only for medical care, but also as a source of reliable and sane information.
Resources for you and your children:
During this time we recommend:
· Practice good hand washing · Avoid touching your face
· Follow all CDC and local guidelines · If you are sick, STAY HOME
· Avoid public gatherings
· Limit non-essential public activities as much as possible
· Keep children home from daycare
· Avoid play dates, gyms, pools, indoor play spaces, etc.
With respect to upcoming visits to Olney Pediatrics:
· Keep your well child exams - Children still need to get physicals and the vaccines that protect them from severe illness. Our office has implemented procedures to keep you safe. We are following CDC recommendations and updating our procedures daily as new information is available. We are cleaning intensely and often. Please wear a mask to your visit.
· Utilize Telemedicine - this is a great tool for many types of visit types. If interested, please contact our office for more information and to schedule a Telemed appointment.
Look for anxiety symptoms in your children - such as moodiness, trouble sleeping and separation anxiety. Talk to your children about their fears.
If your child is sick or you have questions and concerns, please call us.
We are screening patients carefully and doing what is necessary to keep our families safe.
We are a community, we need to take care of each other. Together we will get through this.
Dr. Melissa Schwartz, Dr Victoria Lee, Dr. Richard Tran, Dr. Shira Schwartz, and Dr. Janice Son
|Monday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Thursday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Friday:||08:30 AM - 05:00 PM|
|Saturday Sick Hours:||08:30 AM - 11:00 AM|